Getting MBA degree from the top most business schools of India has become the top priority for youngsters. Here, I’ve put together ’5 Best Business Schools’:
1. Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad: Regarded as the best of the best business schools in India, IIM Ahmedabad. offers four programmes in Management. The PGP – Post Graduate Program (equivalent to MBA), the FPM – Fellowship Program in Management(equivalent to Ph.D), the FDP – Faculty Development Program for Management teachers and Trainers and the MDP – Management Development Program – a refresher for middle and top level managers.
2. Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore: This is also one of the best business schools of India. IIM Bangalore offers two year full time PGP – Post Graduate Program in Management (equivalent to MBA) and a FPM – Fellowship Program in Management. Both these programs require the candidate to take CAT. The institute also offers part time non residential PGSM – Post Graduate Program in Software Enterprise Management. There is a separate entrance test for this program.
3. Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta: The oldest of the IIMs, established in Kolkatta, IIM Calcutta is amongst the top three B schools in India. The institute offers three full time programs. The PGDM – Post Graduate Program in Management (equivalent to MBA), the FPM – Fellowship Program in Management, the PGDCM – Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Aided Management. The institute also offer part time PGDBM – Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management for managers with relevant work experience. In addition, MDP – Management Development Programs are held in regular intervals for middle and top level managers.
4. Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad: Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, is the right institute if you want to pack in a MBA course within a year. This B school offers a one year PG Program in Management. ISB has an enviable visiting faculty list comprising of academicians from institutes like Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, and so on.
5. Xavier Labour Research Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur: The Xavier Labour Research Institute, better known as XLRI was set up in 1949 at Jamshedpur. The institute conducts two courses, a PG diploma in Business Administration and a PG diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations (PMIR). You can obtain brochures for XLRI online. Most XLRI graduates are placed with excellent salaries in India and abroad. Last year, the average annual salary offer was around 8 lakhs. Appearance in the Common Admission Test is mandatory to get admission into XLRI, after which you will be screened with a group discussion and a personal interview.