Ever since the video was leaked on the internet it went viral and became instant rage . Dubbed as the new youth anthem, Dhanush’s ‘Kolaveri di’ song is scaling new heights in the digital world.
Check details below to understand the reason behind the phenomenal success of Kolaveri Di song.
1. It was Sony’s master stroke first . Sony posted the song on Tamil, Hindi and international Facebook pages and it went viral to become a national rage ahead of its launch.
2. ‘Kolaveri Di’ became the most searched YouTube video in India ever since the video was leaked and then officially announced.
3. Within a week of the official release of the song video, Kolaveri Di received more than 6 crore YouTube hits.
4. The song enjoys more than 1 million shares on Facebook.
5. The hashtag #kolaveri topped the Indian trends in Twitter on the evening of 21 November 2011, while trending in India on Twitter for a long time.
6. Another industry-first accolade earned by this song is its debut on the MTV. On 24 November 2011, this song became the first Tamil film song to be premiered on a national music channel, MTV India.
7. TechZone, one of the leading content provider across all mobile platform for telecom operators says that the song has received record number of mobile downloads across India in a very short span of time.
8. The Kolaveri effect is so contagious that even celebrities are tweeting about it. Last week, Big B tweeted, “Just heard #Kolaveri after much talk on it … it’s so original and catchy…congrats Dhanush and Aishwarya (Rajni’s daughter) .. love(sic)”.
9. Music has no language and regional boundaries. Kolaveri Di is a testimony to that. The song is equally hit among non-Tamilians, especially because of its Tanglish lyrics.
If you haven’t watched this song yet, visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR12Z8f1Dh8 to listen to ‘Why this Kolaveri Di’ now.