Varun has spent 78 percent of his MP fund in the area. This makes him the highest spender of funds among MPs in UP. But, Rahul Gandhi, who is MP from Amethi, has only been able to spend 6% of the amount from his fund, according to the report on The Times of India.
Varun Gandhi also sent drafts of one lakh rupees each to the families of the two Dalit girls who committed suicide after being gang-raped.
Here are some of Varun’s development work:
1) Varun Gandhi has started mobile ambulances in Pilibhit, and the each ambulance has one doctor, one nurse and one compounder. These ambulances provide medical aides to the poor people of constituency, and also take them to nearest hospitals in a major case.
2) Pilbhit becomes the only district in North India which is an animal reserve.
3) The poor people can also apply for the admissions in Central School there though only the children of Indian defence services, police and all central government employees can take admission there.
4) In 1999, Pilibhit was on No. 61 for education. Today it is on Number 5.
5) Solar lights replace the other forms of light, which are bad for environment.