All of us now days are familiar with USB and Memory storage data devices which help us to transfer data between the device and the PC.But we doesn’t know that some background processes also uses these devices at the same time .So if we are directly removing them from the port ,it can corrupt some of our C:/ drive files. So instead of removing it manually and harming the computer we can make a desktop shortcut for this .Following are the steps to make desktop shortcut :
- Right click on your Desktop and Click on New.
- Now choose Shortcut option from the list.
- Then copy/paste the following script in the browser
- After that it will ask for the name of the device and you can write Safely Remove Hardware and click on the finish button
- There will a shortcut icon on your Desktop just double click on it and your external media will be Removed Safely.