After the George Bush shoe throwing incident it has become the trend around the world. Now, we come to know about the new shoe hurling after very 2-3 months. Here, I’m writing top 5 shoe hurling incidents for you:
1) The Famous Shoe Hurling at George Bush: The Iraqi Journalist Al-Zaidi shouted “this is for the widows and orphans” and threw his shoes at then-US president George W. Bush during a Baghdad press conference. Al-Zaidi suffered injuries as he was taken into custody and some sources said he was tortured during his initial detention.There were calls throughout the Middle East to place the shoes in an Iraqi museum, but the shoes were later destroyed by American and Iraqi security forces.Al-Zaidi’s shoeing inspired many similar incidents of political protest around the world. (Click Here to Watch the Video).
2) Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari Faced Shoe In Birmingham: Mr. Zardari was addressing the Pakistan People’s Party’s convention in Birmingham when the shoes were thrown at him by an elderly man and landed just short of him.
Pakistan president Asif Ali Zardari was made a target for showing apathy towards the recent disaster and troubles in his country and shying away for a tour in Europe. (Click Here to Watch the Video).
3) Jarnail Singh Stunned India and Congress: A Sikh journalist, Jarnail Singh, from Hindi daily Dainik Jagran hurled shoe at Indian Home Minister P.Chidambaram when he refused to answer his repeated questions related to CBI clean chit to Congress leader Jagdish Tytler. He was taken away by police but was later let off and no case was registered against him. (Click Here to Watch the Video).
4) Congress MP Naveen Jindal Got Taste Also: Ram Kumar, a retired school principal, however, missed his target as Jindal was addressing Congress workers between 10.30 and 11.30am. While throwing the shoe at Jindal, the retired teacher said he is doing so in protest of the policies of the Congress. The man was overpowered by the security officials and taken to the local police station. (Click Here to Watch the Video).
5) Suspended cop hurled shoe at Omar Abdullah: The suspended head constable, Abdul Ahad Jan, in civilian clothes, was seated just three metres behind the chief minister in the third row of the VIP stand. Suddenly, Jan hurled a shoe at Chief Minister Omar Abdullah during the Independence Day function at the highly guarded Bakshi Stadium. (Click Here to Watch the Video).