The list of the Top 5 most visited websites in the world has remained virtually unchanged for quite a while now. This is due in part to the brilliant business plans employed by the execs in charge of these websites.
Here is a list of the Top 5 most visited websites in the world :
1. GOOGLE : This site provides many features, the most famous being its search engine. They also offer Gmail, their popular email service. Google also owns YouTube and Blogger, so they control three of the most popular sites in the world. It enables users to search the world’s information, including webpages, images, and videos. Offers unique features and search technology.
2. FACEBOOK : The popular social networking site was started by Mark Zuckerberg in his college dorm room at Harvard in 2004. Since then, it has grown to serve over one billion users worldwide. The service allows you to send messages, as well as share pictures and videos. Just like Twitter, Facebook has helped to assemble and organize people involved in protests and demonstrations all over the world. There is no limit to the popularity of this site.
3. YOUTUBE : This is the most popular site specifically designed for sharing videos. It was purchased by Google for over $1 billion. YouTube is a way to get your videos to the people who matter to you. Upload, tag and share your videos worldwide!
4. YAHOO : This site provides just about every service you can think of and shows no sign of slowing down, a major internet portal and service provider offering search results, customizable content, chatrooms, free e-mail, clubs, and pager.
5. TWITTER : This social networking and micro-blogging website has literally helped to change the world we live in today. Thousands of protesters participating in the recent uprisings in Egypt and Libya gathered together partly because of Twitter. We have only scratched the surface of this powerful communication tool and the best is yet to come.
Contributed By Sonia Narula