1. Shahrukh Khan: He’s the badshah of Bollywood and rightly so. Apart from his long standing career in the Hindi film industry, his personal life, his controversies, there’s another reason why SRK stands out from the crowd. The actor has made it to the Forbes India Celebrity 100 list and there’s no guesses for this one! King Khan dominated the list, capturing the Numero Uno position. As of December 31st, the actor makes 220.5 Crore through films and his many endorsements. SRK’s last release Chennai Express broke all records at the Box Office and was one of the highest earners of 2013. According to the Forbes list, Shahrukh’s revenue is up by 9% this year although he lost out on a few brand endorsements. There’s no doubt that Shahrukh Khan is second to none!
2. Salman Khan- Arch rivals turned friends (at least they are cordial to each other publicly) Salman Khan and Shahrukh Khan both make it to the list. While SRK has been ranked No.1 on the Forbes India Celebrity 100 list, Sallu comes in third after cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni who occupies the 2nd position. As of 31st Oct’13, the Dabangg actor rakes in an estimated 157.5 Crore through films and endorsements. Salman has actively been working on his charitable foundation Being Human which contributes to the poor and needy. The actor has had blockbusters to his credit including Dabangg, Dabangg 2 and Ek Tha Tiger to name a few. In terms of popularity, he’s ranked third.
3. Amitabh Bachchan- Big B is a force to reckon with! The legendary actor who went through a slump when his production company ABCL went bankrupt and the actor had to start from scratch. Kaun Banega Crorepati came as blessing in disguise and ever since, there’s no looking back for the Shahenshah of Bollywood. One of the highest paid actors of Bollywood, Big B is much in demand when it comes to films, event launches and endorsements. According to the Forbes India Celebrity 100 list, Amitabh Bachchan makes it to the 5th position and as of 31st Oct’13, the actor earns 147.5 Crore. Big B’s popularity knows no bounds as he is the most followed Indian celebrity on Twitter.
4. Akshay Kumar- Khiladi actor Akshay Kumar has appeared in over a 100 Hindi films and has quickly made it to the list of one of India’s richest Bollywood celebs. His hard work and persistency has paid off and the actor is said to earn 118.13 Crore as of 31st Oct’13 according to the Forbes India Celebrity 100 list. Khiladi Kumar is ranked 6th on the list and although he does not do as many endorsements as his contemporaries, he still rakes in the moolah! As per media reports, the actor was also the highest tax paying Bollywood celeb in 2013 and made headlines when it was learnt that he paid 18 crores in advance tax. Today, Akshay’s as big as any Khan and he’s proved that slow and steady wins the race!
5. Ranbir Kapoor- He’s the Kapoor scion and after hit films like Barfi! and Yeh Jawaani Hain Deewani not only has he proved his mettle, but also apparently hiked his fees. Ranbir is the most promising actor of the new generation and it won’t be long before he rules the roost in Bollywood. The actor is also raking in the money to make him one of the youngest and richest B’town stars in India. According to the Forbes India Celebrity 100 list (2013), the actor earns an estimated amount of 68.58 Crore As of 31st Oct’13 and makes it to the 8th position on the list. Ranbir Kapoor has many endorsements to his name including big brand names like Pepsi, Nissan, Lays and Oreo. These ads surely help Ranbir make large sums of money. According to a report in India Today, the actor has apparently charged 25 crores to endorse a brand that makes chips. No wonder he makes it to the list!